Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Scrambled Eggs with Ham and Green Tomatoes



I had this for breakfast this morning. This is a quick and easy recipe which I made up. There may be proper ways in cooking an egg but my way is "as long as it is cooked and I did not get sick".



Ingredients:

1 slice cooked ham, cut into squares
1 egg
1 green tomato, chopped
1 tbsp. canola oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Optional:
2 lettuce leaves
1 tsp vinegar

Heat oil in a small pan. Add ham. Crack open the egg over the pan then start scrambling until the egg is thoroughly cooked. Turn off the heat. Mix the tomato. Transfer the mixture to a bed of two lettuce leaves which are dashed with a teaspoon of vinegar. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.



Notes on my recipe:
1. Scrambled eggs are supposed to be beaten first before placing it into the heat. I like how the egg whites pop out in the dish as added "color" so I chose to crack it open over the pan instead. This is also helpful for those in a hurry or too lazy to beat an egg.
2. Green tomatoes are just my preference. I like the crunch. Besides, I don't eat red tomatoes. Yeah, I am a picky eater.
3. Why did I cook my cooked ham? Because it was frozen. I just want to thaw it fast.
4. Lettuce leaves are optional. The vinegar was for "salad-y" taste to it. I added the lettuce for aesthetic purposes only. And yet, the lettuce and scrambled egg mixture are good, too. I was full by the end of the meal.



Happy cooking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home