Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Before Sunset: Beautiful Movie!

I usually go home from work at 5:30 pm. Once I get home, I change my clothes, turn the tv on and scan channels for interesting programs. There was a movie starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. The movie was 'Before Sunset'. What is interesting is that the entire movie was all conversations of these two characters yet it was not boring. It was engaging. I was just 2 minutes into it and I do not want to leave my seat to get water or snacks. I was glued. One can easily be drawn towards the characters, the spontaneity of the lines and fluidity of the scenes. With Paris as a backdrop, what could go wrong, right? Then, there is this subtle romantic ideas floating at the back of your mind because the actors are comfortable with each other. I was really watching Jesse and Celine, not the gorgeous Ethan Hawke and the charming Julie Delpy. This movie is a sequel to 'Before Sunrise'. You need not watch the previous movie to enjoy this one. What happened in the prequel was weaved into the conversations. But because the script was well-written and the movie was beautifully-made, this will make you want watch the prequel (of which I still haven't done so). This movie is on my "must-own-DVD" list.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Toni said...

Hi Sikat! "Before Sunset" is one of my all-time favorite films. "Before Sunrise" tops my list. :)

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 3:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home